Long Term Care
What is natural is that our health will eventually deteriorate as we age. What is alarming, is that most choose to not plan for our care at this time. In the event of the loss of independence &/or cognitive impairment, Long Term Care Insurance will pay out a sum of money.
So ask yourself:
- WHO will take care of me when I can no longer take care of myself?
- WHERE will the money come from to do so?
If we consider too that by 2026, the number of people over the age of 80 will double; that currently 25,000 Ontarians are on wait lists for long-term care facilities; that there is already enormous pressure on an over-burdened health care system… it’s clear that there is a problem brewing which will affect all levels of health care in our later years.
MYTH: Government support and assistance will be available to us in our time of need and they will provide the services, facility, supplies and equipment needed for our care.
FACT: Any government assistance covers only the most basic care, sometimes in less than desirable settings.
None of us want to lose our dignity in our old age, so perhaps the greatest gift to yourself, and the most considerate gift to your loved ones, is to obtain some Long Term Care Insurance. This way, you will be able to be properly cared for on your terms and you will not be a burden to your loved ones.
Whether you want a plan that will pay to help you to maintain your independence, in your own home, or if you want a policy to pay for a fully private room in a private facility, plan ahead and select the solution which best suits your needs and desires.
Long Term Care Insurance provides:
- The resources you need when you are no longer able to care for yourself
- Peace of mind knowing that your finances are taken care of
- Preservation of your savings / estate
- Reassurance to your family that you are receiving the care you need
- Control of your future
- Peace of mind, choices, and dignity while living the remainder of your life.
TIP: Premiums can be tax deductible and the benefit sums received are tax free!
How to Save on Long-Term Care Insurance
- Buy the plan when you are younger & healthy. There are qualifications that must be met to obtain this policy, so don’t wait.
- Multi-policy plans for both you and your spouse are more cost effective.
- Select a longer elimination period (the time before your benefits begin). By waiting longer until your coverage kicks in, you will save money.
At Blair Insurance, we pride ourselves on helping you secure a higher standard of the care that you deserve, for affordable premiums. For pennies on the dollar, we can help you put in place a sensible solution for your future needs.
LTC should be part of any prudent financial protection plan – it’s a practical solution to ensure you can be looked after when you can no longer do so.
Live longer and live well!