Your ability to earn income is your most valuable asset
How would you and your family cope if you were unable to earn your income?
Disability Insurance, often referred to in our office as Paycheque Protection, is designed to ensure you have an income should you become sick or injured; no matter where you are when the injury or illness occurs. Benefits start anywhere from 30 -180 days after the incident and provide you with a tax-free monthly income.
Why should you consider Disability Insurance?
- Accidents and illnesses can happen unexpectantly anytime
- Unemployment insurance only covers 15 weeks
- Worker’s Compensation only covers work related accidents
- Canada Pension Plan is limited
- You may not have any Group coverage &/or the benefit is restricted
- If you are Self Employed / Owner of a business
- You would like to be able to maintain your current lifestyle if you became disabled
Plans and plan options vary from one insurer to the next and the definitions and rider options are extremely important.
The key areas you should consider when selecting your plan are:
- Occupation definition
- Benefit period (can last 1-10yrs or till age 65, etc.)
- Waiting Period
- Return of Premium option
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) adjustment to the benefit
- Change of career option
- Option to purchase additional insurance as your income grows, without medical evidence
A custom designed individual disability plan will provide you with the best guarantees, flexibility and at guaranteed premiums. Let our expert advisors guide you to selecting the coverage plan to meet your needs.
Corporate Disability Insurance
A disability of the principal or of one partner in a business can cause significant economic hardship. This low cost solution is prudent protection and the premiums are tax deductible to the corporation.
Consider these 2 plans:
Overhead Expense Plan:
This disability insurance policy reimburses the ongoing overhead expenses of the business.
This plan is designed to provide the necessary funds, either in a lump sum or through an income stream, to enable one or more business owners to buy the shares of the disabled partner thereby reducing the economic hardship for all parties.
The right advisor is critical – one who knows their stuff and puts your needs above all else. We can tailor each plan to meet the needs of employees, business owners, professionals and even for individuals whose occupations or work situations make it challenging to obtain coverage.
Let us help you secure Pay Cheque Protection … so that you and your family will be able to continue the lifestyle you are accustomed to.