Critical Illness Insurance
A serious illness can strike at any time. Luckily with increasing medical advances, the road to recovery can be successful, albeit expensive and stressful.
A Critical Illness protection plan pays you a one time, tax free lump sum so you can focus on your recovery and what’s important to you.
If you are diagnosed with a life threatening illness such as Cancer, Heart Attack, Stroke, Kidney Failure, Blindness, Alzheimer’s, Paralysis … and up to 26 other illnesses, the proceeds of a Critical Illness policy can be used however you wish. You can use these funds for accessing the newest cutting edge treatments, covering your drug costs, travel, funding a bucket list item, alternative treatments, home alterations, replacing lost wages, private nursing or other expenses.
Some facts you may wish to consider:
- Your odds of having a Critical Illness in your lifetime is 50%
- Our OHIP may not pay for all costs associated with a serious Critical Illness
- Approximately 70% of paid Critical Illness claims are for Cancer; 20% for Heart Attack or Stroke
- You have a 1 in 5 chance of being diagnosed with Cancer in your lifetime
- 80% of Canadian Oncologists say their treatment recommendations are influenced by a patients ability to pay the anticipated drug cost; many of the newer cancer drugs are not covered by government health plans
- Many Critical Illness policies include access to “Best Doctors” services whereby you have access to an international physician network to ensure you get the right diagnosis and treatment advice
- Many Critical Illness Policies have a Return of Premium option, so if you don’t claim you get your money back, unlike other insurance policies – talk about a win / win!
Corporate Critical Illness
Protecting your corporation against the financial loss in revenue it would suffer in the event you or another key person in your company is diagnosed with a Critical Illness is prudent.
- Which policies offer the most extensive list of possible covered Illnesses?
- Which offer access to Best Doctor services, so you can skip the line to solutions?
- Which offer a ROP option, what percentage and what are the timelines for such?
- Which company offers the length of coverage I want (term to lifetime)?
- Which companies will waive future premium payments for disability?
Blair Insurance is dedicated to your well- being and security. We’re here to help offer sound and knowledgeable advice and source out the best product offerings from the leading insurance companies in Ontario. You get a lot more than a price when you contact us for a quote: knowledge; integrity; service.